Assault charges against Idols SA runner-up Mthokozisi Ndaba have been provisionally withdrawn.
The singer appeared in the Hillbrow Magistrates Court on Monday.
According to TshisaLIVE, there were outstanding statements that were still needed.
“Once the necessary statements have been gathered the NPA will take a decision on whether to charge in the future or not,” Phindile Louw, spokesperson for the National Prosecuting Authority said.
Ndaba was arrested last week and later released on a warning following the allegations.
The alleged victim Neo Tsele posted images of her battered face to Facebook. She alleges that Ndaba assaulted her in a friend’s apartment.
Ndaba responded to the allegations made by Tsele in a voice note on WhatsApp. The singer said that he was shocked by Tsele’s accusations.
“I’m also surprised. I waited at the police station waiting for her to come and show herself‚ who she is and where did she meet me. But she didn’t show up,” he said.