Following the announcement that DStv Premium customers are now able to watch Showmax for free, we list below how premium customers can get access to the streaming service.
Here is how you do it:
1. First you need two things – a registered, valid Showmax account, and a registered, valid DStv (Connect ID) account.
2. First make sure you have a Connect ID account and that you are a DStv Premium subscriber. If you don’t have one, go to www.dstv.com and “login” in the top right corner, click on “New to Connect? Register.” and register.
3. Now go to Showmax at www.showmax.com and register an account, or if you already have an account, login to your account.
4. Now go to and click on “Manage Account” in the drop-down menu.
5. Now click on the “Manage Subscription” tab.
6. Now click on “purchase subscription”. Don’t worry, you’re not yet really purchasing anything – this will just open further different options.
7. Now, under “add a new monthly payment method” click on the DStv logo where it says “Add to DStv account”.
8. Now you have to sign in with your registered Connect ID details to link Showmax and your DStv Premium subscription together.
9. You should see a “subscription successful” message.
10. Also if you go back to your “Manage Subscription” page inside Showmax, you should see “DStv account” under your “Stored Payment options”.
11. Showmax will also send you an email to notify you that you have successfully linked your Showmax and DStv Premium accounts.